Where is Volos?
Volos is in the mid-eastern side of Greece and you have many choices of how to get here.
Volos is a viberant and modern city with tavernas and cafes on the waterfront opposite the yachts where you can enjoy the famous "tsipouradika" (places that offer the local version of ouzo) with great sea food. You have access to a wide range of shops and provisioning is made easy and cost effective with a number to large supermarkets. Volos is at the base of the beautiful Pelion mountain peninsular and is the gateway to the Pagasitikos Gulf and the Northern Sporades Islands.
By air to Volos Nea Anchialos Airport and then by road to Volos in 20 min.
By air to Skiathos Airport and from there by ferry to Volos (2 hrs 30 min) or 1 hr 30 min by flying dolphin.
By road from the borders: Evzoni to Volos 280km, Eidomeni to Volos 320km.
By ferry boat to the ports of Igoumenitsa and Patras and from there by road.
By air via the Athens and Thessaloniki airports and from there by road or rail:
- From Athens to Volos by intercity bus in 4 hrs (324km).
- From Thessaloniki to Volos by intercity bus in 2 hrs 30 mins (216km).
- From Athens to Volos by rail in 4 hrs 30 min.
- From Thessaloniki to Volos by rail in 3 hrs 30 min.
Important note: All flight information is for helpful reference only and is subject to change please check with the airline
Flights to Volos (Neo Anchialos Airport):
The most direct air route to Volos is via Volos International Airport otherwise know as Nea Anchialos National Airport which is about 20mins by road from Volos City. This airport carries a growing number of international flights and from here, you can catch a local bus, taxi or pick up a hire car to get you to Volos. Airport / Volos Bus service operates daily.
New for 2020 easyJet direct flights to Volos from London Gatwick
- www.easyjet.co.uk - Low cost flights to UK-Gatwick to Volos from June to September on Wednesdays & Saturdays
- www.charterflights.co.uk - Flights UK-Gatwick to Volos on Saturdays
- www.tuifly.be - Flights Belgium-Brussels to Volos on Saturday and Wednesday
- www.austrian.com - Flights Austria-Vienna to Volos on Saturdays
- www.transavia.com - Flights Holland-Amsterdam to Volos on Fridays
- www.condor.com - Flights Germany-Munich to Volos on Saturdays
Flights to Thessaloniki and Athens main airports:
- www.britishairways.com - Regular flights to Athens.
- www.easyjet.co.uk - Regular flights to Thessaloniki
- www.aegeanair.com - Flights to Athens & Thessaloniki
- www.lufthansa.com - Flights to Athens & Thessaloniki
- www.tui.co.uk - Flights to Thessaloniki
Travelling to Volos via Thessaloniki and Athens main airports:
Transfer to Volos by road or rail:
Greece has a very comprehensive, road, rail and bus network as you would expect so please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any specific questions. For general information see below:
- From Athens to Volos by intercity bus in 4 hours and 30 min (324km).
- From Thessaloniki to Volos by intercity bus in 3 hours (216km).
- From Athens to Volos by rail in 4 hours and 45 min.
- From Thessaloniki to Volos by rail 3 hours.
KTEL Intercity Bus
KTEL operate a very efficient coach service from Athens and Thessaloniki. KTEL Website in English
Volos Bus Station: https://ktelvolou.gr/en/content/STATION-ADDRESS.6/
In addition to the intercity coach you can also organise a hire car and drive up/down to Volos.
Please Google this for general information and contact us if we can help further.
Volos Parking: https://www.cityzen.com.gr/en/cityzen-volos-port-customs/
Private Taxi Transfer
You can organise a private Taxi/Bus transfer so please contact us for further advice.
Volos Taxi Services: https://www.volostaxiservice.com/Prices.html